I have added another article about LavaCon 2011 on the TechWhirl Online Magazine. Please check out my new session summary titled, “Lightning Talks – Multiple Speakers.”
In this article, I mentioned six speakers who each presented a lightning talk about an important topic of interest related to the field of technical communication. A lightning talk is a brief 10 minute presentation along with question and answers. Lightning talks are meant to be short, thoughtful, and sharp.
The following is a list of presenters and their topics at the Lightning Talks during LavaCon.
- Richard Hamilton spoke about XML and Wikis
- Alan Houser explained why it is an important time to be a technical communicator
- Ben Woelk shared the top ten practices to shockproof social media
- Robert Armstrong talked about the Art of the Demo and how to present a demo
- Brenda Huettner covered how NASA approaches social media
- Hilary Hart spoke about the importance and benefits of the Technical Communication Certification program.
“Lightning Talks – Multiple Speakers” is featured on the TechWhirl site alongside other session summaries I have posted about LavaCon 2011.
FYI, the Call for Speakers for LavaCon 2012 in Portland, OR is now available at: http://lavacon.org/portland/
See you in October!
The LavaCon Conference
Hello! Just want to say thank you for this interesting article! =) Peace, Joy.