In this article, I mentioned six speakers who each presented a lightning talk about an important topic of interest related to the field of technical communication. A lightning talk is a brief 10 minute presentation along with question and answers. Lightning talks are meant to be short, thoughtful, and sharp.
The following is a list of presenters and their topics at the Lightning Talks during LavaCon.
- Richard Hamilton spoke about XML and Wikis
- Alan Houser explained why it is an important time to be a technical communicator
- Ben Woelk shared the top ten practices to shockproof social media
- Robert Armstrong talked about the Art of the Demo and how to present a demo
- Brenda Huettner covered how NASA approaches social media
- Hilary Hart spoke about the importance and benefits of the Technical Communication Certification program.