Last fall, I participated in the University of Wisconsin-Stout (UW-Stout) Master of Science in Technical and Professional Communication (MSTPC) program class on communication strategies for emerging media.
During the class, our assignment was to write blog articles about the assigned readings and discuss with the class about our take on this field. Below are my blog posts. Feel free to read them as I make my journey to become a master in the field of technical communication.
Each of these posts I wrote has a compelling story as well as a fresh perspective on the field. My approach in this class was to write in a casual and professional mode. My intent was to write to a wide audience who would enjoy reading about technical communication, communication strategies, and emerging media. Let me know in the comments what you think and maybe point to any topic I should cover next on my own blog!
- My blogging evolution – posted on September 18, 2016
- Fear of Social Media? Embrace It! – posted on September 18, 2016
- The Historical Documentation of Change in Technical Communication – posted on September 25, 2016
- Designed by humans. Used by humans. Never perfect. – posted on October 2, 2016
- Culture + Communication + Humans + Design – posted on October 9, 2016
- Is the Internet a cesspool of folklore and truthiness? – posted on October 23, 2016
- Crowdsourcing: Your Friend – posted on October 30, 2016
- We are in the Curated Web Experience – posted on November 7, 2016
- My (dream) office: Starbucks! – posted on November 14, 2016
- Thank you for a great semester! – posted on December 19, 2016
I’ll be back regularly posting about my experience with usability testing, user experience studies, and content strategy soon. There has been a lot I have been working on in the last few years that I want to share with you.
Pingback: Year One: Master of Science Program | Write Techie